For those of us who love the great outdoors June is our favorite month. Its National Get Outdoors Month. Started in 2008 as National Get Outdoors Day it encourages people (especially kids) to connect with nature and a healthy lifestyle. The day has evolved into a month of outdoor activities and many states have adopted the National Get Outdoor Month. In 2015, more than one million people participated at more than 16,000 activities.
- National Trails Day® (June 4) – The American Hiking Society’s National Trails Day® is the nation’s largest celebration of trails.
- National Fishing & Boating Week (June 4-12) – TakeMeFishing’s National Fishing & Boating Week.
- National Get Outdoors Day (June 11) GO Day is coordinated by the American Recreation Coalition and U.S. Forest Service.
- National Marina Day (June 11) Marinas across the United States are asked to open their doors to the public to show off the boating lifestyle and encourage non-boaters to get out on the water.
- Great Outdoors Month™ National Day of Service (June 17) – The Corps Network’s Great Outdoors Month™ National Day of Service is the newest of the Month’s signature programs.
- Great American Campout (June 25) – The Great American Campout is part of the National Wildlife Federation’s efforts to inspire Americans to protect wildlife, including a three-year campaign to get 10 million kids to spend more time outdoors.
- Get Into Your Sanctuary Days (June 25) Protects America’s most iconic natural and cultural marine resources.
There are so many exciting adventure awaiting you. What is your favorite way to celebrate National Get Outdoors Month. Hopefully you are inspired to try something new.
For more information please go to these web-sights.